Sunday, April 24, 2011

Glorious Day

  In an earlier post, "Singin' Miss Grace", I talked about singing Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) to Anna Beth when she was a baby and how, when she was just in a crying mood, it was the only thing that would calm her down.  I have a song that I sing to Lynnsie, too.  It took several tries to find the one for her, but eventually I found it.
  Casting Crowns has been a very favorite Christian band of mine for several years.  If you've never heard them, you should definitely Google them and listen to some clips of their music...then go buy their albums or download them to your iPod!  In their most recent album, there is a song titled Glorious Day.  I fell in love with this song the moment I heard it...almost 2 years ago.  I just recently found out that it apparently is a hymn, too, ... or first, I guess.  I mostly sing the chorus to her and the words in it are powerful enough to calm anyone down because it is the Gospel in four short phrases.

Living He loved me, dying He saved me, buried He carried my sins far away.
Rising He justified, freely, forever, and one day He's coming, O Glorious Day!

  Again, who can be upset when they have this truth that they can freely claim!!  I love singing this song to Lynnsie and how, when I do, she looks up to me with the biggest, brownest of brown eyes that I have ever seen.  I pray, sweet Lynnsie, that you will claim these words and this truth for yourself one day very soon.  It will be a glorious day.
  Here are the rest of the words to this most beautiful song:

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises, one day when sin was as black as could be.
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin, dwelt among men, my example is He.
Word became flesh and His light shined among us...His glory revealed!

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain, one day they nailed Him to die on a tree.
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected, bearing my sins, my Redeemer is He.
Hands that healed nations stretched out on a tree, He took the nails for me!!!!

One day the grave could conceal Him longer, one day the stone rolled away from the door.
Then arose over death He had conquered. Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore!!
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him from rising again!!

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming! One day the skies with His glories will shine!
Wonderful day my beloved one bringing!  My Savior Jesus is mine!

Because LIVING He loved me, DYING He saved me, BURIED He carried my sins far away, RISING He justified, freely, forever and one day He's coming, O Glorious Day!

Here's a link to a nice video of it on YouTube...not the official one, but it's good.  http://youtu.be/GTBnCCreO5M

No comments:

Post a Comment