Sunday, November 6, 2011

Adoption Awareness Month

  November is National Adoption Awareness month.  Today, specifically, is Orphan Sunday.  God talks repeatedly about caring for orphans and the fatherless throughout the Bible. 
  If you know me, then you know that adoption and orphans have a HUGE hold on my heart.  It has been on my heart to adopt since I was about...12 years old.  But, more about that later.
  I have several friends whose families have adopted or are in the process of adopting (and I will admit...I am a tiny bit envious that it's not our turn, but again, more about that later.)  I have asked them to write guest posts for me that I will share throughout this month.
  I'm the kind of person who has to do something while I am waiting. My prayer is that these posts and others that I will share, will open your heart to orphans, educate you on the worldwide orphan crisis, and give you some ideas on how you can take part in the lives of orphans.  I hope you enjoy meeting these special families and, if you are considering adoption, you will find encouragement and some answers to some questions you may have.  Mostly, I pray that you will be open to whatever God wants you to hear and how He wants you to respond to the fatherless.

No comments:

Post a Comment