Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Slacker That I Am

It's true.  I've been a slacker lately...totally neglecting my blog.  I did a random post in mid-March to try to play catch-up, but that was it.  Sorry.  Let's try it again!

So, what have we been up to....we'll start with what's fresh on my mind - we've all, except Jacob, had the stomach bug this week.  Yay.  So fun.  We survived, though.  I was reminded that, while I love each of my 3 children and would give my life for them...I do not miss being pregnant and the sickness that came with it for me!  I was also reminded how completely awesome my husband is.  He completely took over while I lounged laid curled up in a ball in bed for 24 hours...and by took over, I mean he took care of all the kids while they recovered or came down with the stomach bug, Lysoled anyone who came within a 6 foot radius of himself, cleaned, cooked, took kiddos to the doctor, filled meds, and did major chicken soup and Gatorade runs.  Thanks, babe - I love you.  Probably the worst part, was that our too sweet neighbor GAVE our children a huge, wooden, swing set/jungle gym.  His grandson had outgrown it, so he passed it along.  The girls watched Jacob put it all together on Monday and waited so patiently to play on it Tuesday.  But all they could do was stare at it out the window since they were sick.  And then today it's rained all day.  But, hey, when you've got a new toy in the backyard and you were an all-star through the stomach bug, you get to play in the rain so you can enjoy your new toy.  So that's what we did this morning.

We finally bought zoo memberships last week and made a last minute day of it.  The girls loved it.  They rode around in their wagon that their Mawmaw and Pawpaw got them for Christmas especially for the zoo.  Creek enjoyed strolling all day and dozing in and out of sleep as he wished.  What a life! 
I guess I could confess a little why I've neglected to write much lately.  God has really laid a subject on my heart that I have personally experienced and I really believe I should write about it.  I even have the first post written...it's been saved for a couple of months.  I'm just a little scared to post it.  Oh, did I mention that "obedience" seems to be the theme in my life right now? Not just in teaching it to my kids, but in being obedient to God in every aspect of my life...not just the small things.  So, yeah, that's kinda been going on, too.

Speaking of blog series, do you remember the Gilbert's?  Cole wrote a guest post in November when I was featuring adoption on here...my favorite subject of all time outside of God and my family.  Anyway, there have been some exciting things going on in their adoption and she's doing a great series right now.  Please check it out with open hearts/minds/eyes/ears, share with others, and keep praying for them!  And buy a t-shirt, too - they're great and super soft!

What else, what else?  OH - we had Creek and Lynnsie's baby dedication at church.  This is where we promised God and our church family that we would raise our children in the way of the Lord and our church family promised us that they would walk along beside us, supporting and encouraging us as we did. 

And we got family pictures made!! Oh my goodness, they are sooooo good! Christy Murphy, from Christy Murphy Photography here in Slidell, did them and they are amazing!  I'm very tempted to buy some of the digital images...or maybe the whole cd...and let my baby sister and newest graduate from the University of Tennessee at Martin use her awesome graphic design skills to redo my blog page and import some of these great pictures.  Whatcha think, Maley? Are you up for it? I"ll pay you :)  And if you're interested, too, I"ll get you in touch with her to revamp your blog!

I guess that's it, for now.  Here's to being obedient and getting ready to finish the blog series God laid on my heart and actually clicking "post" this time!  And go read about Easton Gilbert!!  And to prove we still exist...here's some pictures for your enjoyment :) (Gram, Papa, Mawmaw, & Pawpaw...you're welcome! I know you miss their sweet faces!!)


Enjoying her first blue Snoball of the year!

Yummy red Snoball!

No Snoball for Creek, but look at that face!


1 comment: