Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Perfect L & D

  I keep finding myself daydreaming about what it's going to be like when Creek finally decides to make his arrival in this world.  Here's the perfect labor and deliver that I've been dreaming about:

Option 1: This is my second September baby.  Do you know what September means when you live in the south?  It means football...especially, for me, college football.  Which team? The Tennessee Vols.  Lynnsie was born in the wee hours of the morning on Tennessee's season opener in 2009.  I watched their first game of the season with my new baby girl and my dad in my hospital room.  Well, it's September again and we've got a big game on Saturday.  It'd be nice to wake up Saturday morning to some contractions that would quickly progress, we'd get the kids dropped off at a friend's house and head to the hospital.  He'd be born in plenty of time that he'd be back in my arms, in a tiny little Tennessee t-shirt, and ready for kick-off.  But I'm not going to make him hold out if he wants to come earlier this week :)

Option 2: Sunday, September 18.  Yes, that's just one day after Option 1, but September 18 is my Nana's birthday.  I think it would be simply amazing for my son and my Nana to share their special day.  I really don't think she would mind, either.

So, there you have it - if I could have it my way.  Of course, God is the only one who knows when Creek will arrive and I know that no matter when, or how, he comes into this world, that God is in control of it all and it will be far more perfect than anything I could dream about.

2 comments:

  1. What if he's wearing an LSU shirt instead? You know, you can't choose who they root for, they're just born that way! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dreaming about a perfect L&D is perfectly reasonable, including the date! I like to imagine this baby being born January 24th (my grandpa's bday), peacefully, possibly in a birthing tub, surrounded by caring medical staff, my husband, and even Kadence (i sound terribly hippie, don't I!). But you're right, God has all this planned and Creek's birth is going to be fantastic and bring Him glory and you guys so much joy!
    Have you thought anymore about med-free birth?

    ReplyDelete