Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy of Four

  Today is Mother's Day. Today I celebrate being a mommy of 4.  One who is waiting for me in heaven.  Two of whom I have met and spent quite a bit of time with. And one who I will meet in just a few months.  I rejoice and I thank God for each of my children.  I am thankful for what He has taught me through each of them:
 
  Mary Grace, through you, God has taught me that He will carry and heal my broken heart and that every life, no matter how short or long, fits into His perfect plan.
  Anna Beth, through you, God has taught me that He knew what He was doing when He made me a mommy, even though I thought differently in those first several days.
  Lynnsie, through you, God has taught me that, again, He knew what He was doing when He blessed us with the sweetest little surprise I have ever received and that He will always provide.
  Creek, through you, God has taught me to anticipate new adventures in parenting with excitement and joy.
  Through all of you, God has taught me how love selflessly and unconditionally.

  I know that through the years, God will teach me a lot more through my children.  I love each of them in a way that I cannot describe, but I strive to show them constantly.  I love being a mommy to each of my children.  I love their hugs, their kisses, their "secrets", their laughs, and their smiles.  I love praying for them and dreaming of how God will use them to show His love.  I love them, all, just the way they are...forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment