Friday, May 3, 2013

A Small Bump in the Road

Some very good friends of ours recently told us that they had started the journey to adopt a daughter from China..."ecstatic for them" would be an understatement! Anyway, I was just texting with her and I shared a verse with her that has helped me a lot so far, "I know whom I have believed and I'm persuaded that He is able to keep that which I entrust to Him for that day." 2 Timothy 1:12.  I told her to trust God with this whole process, the ups and the inevitable downs.  As soon as I pushed "send"...it hit me.  There's a piece of this journey that I've not fully trusted God with.

On Wednesday of this week, we found out that the director of ICBF (the Colombian government office over  adoptions) had resigned.  I told my husband that I wasn't freaking out and that I wouldn't freak out...but he knows me a little bit better than that.  His exact words were, "Misti, God didn't have to get on Facebook this morning to know this was gonna happen.  Remember He's the one who brought us to this...He's got it."  I seriously love that man.

So, what's this little resignation mean for us? I have no idea! Most likely, it won't mean anything but some general delays as they transition to a new director.  Our social worker was very upfront with us (and I'm actually waiting on an email from her going into further detail), but she said it could also depend on who the new director is that they bring in.  One awesome, God-thing, though, is that Raul (the adoption attorney/coordinator for our agency who lives in Colombia) will actually be in Bogota (the capital) for meetings next week and will be able to sit down and get some first hand information.  

Some very good things could also come from this...like a faster and more efficient process from Colombia's end of things!  My biggest prayer is that whatever changes are made, that they would be in the absolute best interest for the hundreds of thousands of orphans in Colombia.  We're also praying that the solution to this would come quickly, but also with wisdom and that the right person would be put in the Director's position.

Would you join us in this prayer?  And join us in trusting God with whatever is in your life?

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment