Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two Little Onesies Hangin' On A Net...

  In my last post, Down By The Creek, I told you about the amazing baby shower my friends gave me and you saw this picture:

  I also told you that the top two onesies were a post all its own.  Well, here it is.  But, first I have to rewind to a few days before the shower.
  Jacob offered to take the girls to the pool or just out and about to give me some quiet time alone at home.  Normally, I jump at this chance, but really wanted to get some things done around the house that I needed his help for and I wanted us to spend the day together as a family.  Plus, the last time he took them out and left me in the house....they drove to the beach and I missed out!!  I could tell he was a little...agitated?...about this, but I didn't really think anything about it.  That night, he got a phone call - I could hear it was a guy's voice on the other end, but Jacob was talking with quick, general comments and not really "saying" anything.  So, being the nosey person I am, I asked him who it was.  I thought maybe he was trying to plan a fishing trip that he hadn't mentioned yet...b/c right now I really want my husband to go fishing all day when I'm so close to my due date!!
  Anyway, he wouldn't tell me.  So I kept asking :) He finally, said, "It was someone who wants to do something nice for you." That made me happy.  And confused.  What guy friend wanted to do something nice for me, right now?  Weird.
  A few days, later, two of my friends come into Sunday school way late - and totally got called out for it :)  There was something very funny about it, apparently, as they kept giggling.  But who really knew.  Then, after church, Anna Beth keeps telling me she made a shirt for Creek.  But, really, kids say anything so I just brushed it off.
  And then I walked into my totally awesome baby shower and my friends pointed out the two onesies at the top of the fishing net.  They had pulled Anna Beth and Lynnsie out of their classes and helped them to make special shirts for Creek.  I could have cried.  I did tear up.  How precious!!  Apparently, Lynnsie didn't really get into it - she even refused to acknowledge that she was having a baby brother or that there was a baby in my belly!  But it was super sweet, anyway. 
  So, Jacob was supposed to have taken the girl's to make the shirts that one morning, the phone call was Mary's husband - who then passed the phone off to my Mary - and Mary and Holly were late to SS - and got called out (and even had to sit in the "middle" part of our circle b/c we were so full that day!) - because they were helping my little girls make special shirts for my little boy.  I can't wait to put them on him!!
  The one Lynnsie made is has a turtle and the word "hop" on it.  Anna Beth's has two big trucks on it and a red frog.  LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment