I love being a mommy. Always and forever. I am a stay at home mommy. I love this...most of the time. I chose to stay home with my kids. Not every mommy makes that choice and that's okay - that's their choice and this is mine. Today, I need some reminding as to why, exactly, I chose this. It is 10:38 am and today I have....
- stuck my finger in poop
- been covered in spit up
- cleaned up an entire bowl of Cheerios and milk from the table (not an accident, by the way)
- changed two "antibiotic poopy" diapers
- given a bath to a kid covered in poop from the waist down
- enjoyed a nice cup of cold coffee (decaf, of course)
- swept a half a bottle of green sprinkles off my floor (the girls just LOVE to decorate)
- kept a close eye on my peanut allergic child bc she ate the above mentioned sprinkles which are "made in a facility that also processes peanuts"
- thought seriously about applying to be the person who dresses up in the cow suit and holds the "Eat Mor Chikin" sign (they'd hire me, right? I would work really, really hard)
And, yes, I've done all of these things because I choose to. I choose to, because today, I have also:
- eaten a finely prepared plastic dinner by two of the greatest little chefs in the world
- made my baby giggle
- had a couple dozen hugs and kisses
- held my super snuggly Lynnsie while she was upset
It seems that so far today, the bad has outweighed the good. But that's only on paper. I could stick my fingers in poop a dozen times a day and it would be worth it for any one good thing on my list above. And that's exactly why I chose this. Because the good days are so good...and I can go to bed in a few hours and pretend the things on the first list never happened :)